What is Green Coffee Extract?
If you haven’t heard the positive buzz around green coffee extract, you may not quite know what to make out of it. After all, most of us don’t think of the color green when we think about coffee.
Yet, the green coffee extract diet is really beginning to take the country by storm. That is because those who use it are quickly beginning to realize the green coffee benefits not only for their own weight loss plans, but for their overall health.
What is Green Coffee, anyway?
The green coffee bean is the natural state of coffee at the moment of picking. Coffee only becomes that brownish color that we are used to seeing at the store and when we open a bag of coffee after it is roasted and properly processed. When coffee is first picked, it is green.
The Science Behind Green Coffee Extract and Weight Loss
As it turns out, before coffee is processed it contains a particular chemical that can aid in weight loss. This naturally occurring chemical, chlorogenic acid turns out to have some amazing effects for those trying to shed the pounds.
The study that demonstrated these effects was conducted by the University of Scranton just recently. In the study, participants were asked to take green coffee extract during a 22 week period. The volunteers basically went through three phases in the test, one in which they were given a placebo, one in which they had green coffee extract at a medium dose (700 mg) and one in which they took it at a higher dose (1100 mg).
Participants did not know when they were taking which dose.
The participants were also asked not to alter their diets and to only exercise moderately (the equivalent of burning off 400 calories a day).
The results of the study were groundbreaking:
- During the period where participants took the placebo (no green coffee extract), participants showed little effect on their overall weight and some even gained weight.
- During the period when they were given green coffee extract at a medium dose, they lost weight.
- The higher dose also lead to weight loss though not at a significantly higher level than the medium dose.
Overall, the study suggests that taking green coffee bean extract will aid in weight loss.
How Does Green Coffee Bean Extract Work?
Apparently green coffee bean benefits weight loss by doing two things:
- Moderates Glucose Levels: Blood sugars, especially after you eat, can spike causing the body to store too much fat. Chlorogenic acid apparently acts as an inhibitor for glucose, keeping it from being stored at higher levels.
- Boost to the Metabolism: Chlorogenic acid also helps stimulate the metabolism which creates a second benefit for those looking to lose weight. Apparently when combined with exercise, an increased or optimized metabolism can really aid in weight loss.
Other Green Coffee Benefits
Green coffee benefits were also found in earlier studies. To summarize:
- A 2006 study found that chlorogenic acid may reduce high blood pressure.
- A 2004 study found that chlorogenic acid may also aid in blood circulation and thus improve heart health.
Given these findings, and without even going into the benefits of all the other Pure Green Coffee Bean ingredients, you should have no concern with the health value of this supplement. It is all natural and shown to be helpful in far more than just weight loss.
So what are you waiting for? Take the first step to being that slimmer, trimmer, sexier you now!